Hello friends,
This last week has been totally awesome. I went on a safari in
Life in Lugazi picked right back up when we got back from our trip. I have formulated smaller groups for the different wards in the hospital for the back program. We met with the administration group yesterday and today we are meeting with the antenatal clinic. We have been asked by a friend if we would be willing to present our back program to his fellow carpenters. So now it seems as though this back program can spread to many different professions. The people here are extremely responsive to the program and they all want to continue throughout the summer. Things are really picking up for everyone here and it seems like our days are getting busier and busier. We had soccer practice with the boys yesterday and today we are working together to dig up the field. The field has many many huge mounds in the middle of it. These boys deserve a good, flat field to play on. So we're going to use some hoes and dig it up! We are also going to plant a garden for the boys on the team who don't go to school. We thought this would give them something to do during the day, and also provide them with food, and small income generation. I'm still looking for a sponsor for these boys, so we'll see how that goes. The eye camp is just in a few weeks as well as the AIDS Extravaganza. This festival of sorts is promoting AIDS awareness to the youth. As a team we are doing some traditional Ugandan dances. Oh man. It has taken hip shaking to a whole different level. Apparently it's "still coming" for me. Well that's all for now! Let me know what's going on back in the states. Like what's on the news.
Paula: The living arrangements are a little crowded. 24 people living in a 4 bedroom house isn't that roomy. But we get by. I just have to occasionally hunt down my things to make sure i get them back. Am i eating good? Well I'm definitely eating enough. our cooks are trying to make us fat and they are succeeding. Everything here is fried carbs, so that'll do it. I love that you read my blog! I really appreciate hearing from you. Make sure you make plans with mom for when i get back and we can have a girls night out! I hope things are going well at home. Love you miss you!! PS Bon Iver, best band ever.



"We're in the WILDNESS, it's ok to be dirty." – Right! The mud makes everything even more exciting and challenging. Isn’t it nice to be working on something but feeling like you’re on a vacation?! It must be a good feeling doing what you did there. So, do you still do missions in Africa? I’d love to hear more of your adventures!
ReplyDeleteJordan Hood